Friday, December 9, 2011

Radio Wars

GDY and I spend A LOT of time in the car, we don't always agree with what the radio should be playing.  He tends to pick trendy catchy songs like "the Moo Jacket Song" (moves like Jagger by Maroon 5) or "the Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Song" (not really sure on this one maybe by Ali)  or the "Pumped up Kicks" song by Foster the People.

This is usually what will happen

I start channel surfing and find something I like

GDY "no I don't like this one CHANGE IT CHANGE IT CHANGE IT please"

then I'll change it to the next station where he will hear another song he doesn't like and he'll say

GDY  "I want to listen to my show"

then I'll explain that

ME: "mommy doesn't have control of what the music stations play so we just have to be patient."

If we find one of his songs he usually will try to sing along it's really cute.

He can get quite bossy on his music choices so this morning when he told me

GDY: "no music please"  because it wasn't what he wanted to listen to I said
Me: "it's mom's turn I'm going to listen to the talk show that I want to listen to"

The mostly family friendly talk show that we were listening to when on to list the top 10 things that make you "that guy" at a Gym.  The last one they listed was when someone talks to you when they are naked in the locker room.  Then one of the deejays launches into a what happened to him.  A very good looking guy was standing naked in the mirror at the sink with shaving cream on his face and head shaving. But when the deejay came out of the stall from going to the bathroom the same guy now had shaving cream on his butt ready to shave it. 

WELL Greyson heard this and it was all he could do the repeat it 100 times if not more before we got to his school.  Can't wait to get "the talking to" by the teacher when I pick him up at school this afternoon :)


Guess next time I'll listen to him when he says to turn off the music...

~GDY's Mom

2 comments:

  1. Amir loves "Pumped Up Kicks" too! Also Adele and Michael Franti. I wish our boys were closer to play together! Happy Holidays!! xxoo Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so agree! Happy Holidays!! Love to see the posts and pictures from you. I know you enjoy blogging, I do as well it's like a digital diary for the family and letters to the distant relatives all wrapped up in one. It still takes time though and I don't know where you find it. ~Loves Rach

    ReplyDelete