Monday, April 4, 2011

Toilets have Teeth Mom??

Greyson pointed at the toilet brush and said, "what's that?"  I said, "a toilet brush" and he said, "toilets have teeth mom??"  I can only imagine what was going threw his mind.  This is going to set back his potty training for sure :)  
  



Speaking of potty training, boy did we have fun this weekend.  First thing he did was pick out a pair of underwear to wear and within 15 minutes had done a big #2 in them.  So there I was, before breakfast and caffeine cleaning poop out a pair of underwear, probably best that I hadn't eaten anything.  We have lots of underwear and I might have thrown them away but I have no idea how many times this is going to happen.  Ok so the next pair lasted a little longer.  Greyson peed all over himself an hour later.  My new steam mop works great by the way.  In fact I have video of him peeing on himself quite funny in fact. I was trying to get him to tell everyone that he had had to change out of his outfit moments earlier for peeing in it. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vj06JzwDCo

So then Dad wanted to take him to Home Depot but was a little gun shy for good reason.  So he took a trash bag and lined his car seat with it just in case.

Here he is telling everyone he peed and how many pairs of underwear he had gone through.  When I ask him to count he always says something like this, "1,2,3,8,10,12!!"



For nap time he did fine. In the afternoon I wanted to plant all the plants I had gotten that morning so Greyson helped me out in the yard with the planting and mulching.  He peed a lot on himself and then by the end of it a lot just on the grass, loves peeing on the grass.  The highlight of the day-  he even pooped on the grass.  By then it was time to go in, take a bath and go to bed.  He was really starting to "get it" by the end of the day.  He would pee a little and then say, "mom peeping!!!". 

Sunday was much, much better we only had two accidents and we even got out and enjoyed the day.  Went to Mikes, which is a huge warehouse space that has been turned into a hobby shop.  they have two inside tracks for the gas powered remote control cars.  It was so windy this weekend that a lot of plane hobbyist were there flying indoors.  Greyson loves going and watching them fly or race around the tracks.  Dad bought a car so we when home to play with his toy at the park.  Greyson drove his battery power jeep around and dad drove his car around.     
After dinner Greyson wanted to ride his bike, I got (a Craig’s list purchase) him a balance bike for is birthday last year.  But at the time it was too big and clearly above his skill level, he hasn't been very interested in trying it until now.  When he stood over it I couldn't believe how big he's gotten, we had to raise the seat up two notches.  All he needed was a few simple instructions and he was off using it like a pro.  Here's some video of him on it before the seat was adjusted.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sMP1H9Anfk

Good weekend, we'll just see how the week goes.  I really hope we're done with diapers, it was 87 degree's out on sunday and I don't want to go another summer with them, they just can't be comfortable in this heat.

~Greyson's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment