Friday, May 11, 2012

Even Seeing Road Kill Can Be Turned Into A Lesson

Saw a dead armadillo (they always make me laugh) today and then saw a dead raccoon on the road as well. 

Greyson:  "what's that?"
I told him it was a raccoon. 
He said: "is it dead?"
Me:  "yes, it was run over by a car"
GDY: "How did it get run over?"
Me: "Well it walked out in front of a car, must not have looked both ways first."
GDY: "It didn't wait for it's family, that wasn't smart.  It needed to wait for it's family"

Me: Yes, it should have waited for it's family to cross the road.

Later on we saw a truck with flashing lights and he asked what they were for.  I told him the lights helped cars see the truck better.

Then when we got out of the car at school he told me the raccoon need lights.  Also told me that he would scoop him up and take him to the doctor. 

We have plans to go to Greyson's field day / picnic at school this Saturday.  It's been described as a homemade carnival; a fun, 3 hour event with bag races, a bean bag toss game, a frisbee toss and a magnetic fishing game.  The kids win tickets and then can buy trinkets and play in the jump house.  Should be fun. I hope the weather is nice. 

Greyson's made something for a Mother's Day gift at school for me.  When I picked him up last week he had dark red chalk on his face and they said the Mother's Day projects are messy--sorry.  So Tuesday he brought home a bag and then had to find a spot to hide it so he could save it as a surprise for me for this Sunday.  He's done well to not say what it is so far, I have to wonder how much instruction they gave him at school about keeping it a surprise or if he just forgot about it after he hid it.

Happy early Mother's Day to Mom and Char and to all you other Mommy readers out there. 

~Greyson's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment