Friday, May 27, 2011

Storms

I've been receiving too many questions from family lately to not post something about our latest storm. Tuesday night of this week we had some violent thunderstorms. The DFW area had 9 confirmed smaller sized tornadoes and very wide spread hail, rain and wind. We were lucky to not see any hail this time at our house, but just a 5 minute drive south of our house they had baseball size hail and a 15 min drive northwest they had a tornado land and do damage to a few houses so all of this is very close to us.


Since April 1 we have had hail fall at the house 5 or 6 times and the tornado sirens have gone off 3 times. The sound they make is horrible, it makes me sick to my stomach to hear it. I've been in Greyson's room deciding if I'm suppose to wake him up and take him downstairs twice now, which means I'm really just waiting for hail to break his window (his room has the worst exposure for the storms as they come in).

Glad to know this storm season close to over.

~Greyson's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment