Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring's Visitors

We have been inundated with "visitors" lately.  I have a new bird feeder and song bird mix with freeze dried worms.  We often have a male or a female cardinal and sometime together at it.  Lots of other birds also but I need to read up a little in my bird book before I start trying to identifying them.  Don't see the eastern blue birds anymore unfortunately.  I planted so bulbs really early this spring (I know that's not the way to do it but they did come up) and the purple hyacinths look and smell heavenly.  They also attract butterflies by the basketful, Sunday I saw both a yellow swallow tail butterfly and the black swallow tail minutes apart from visiting the same flower.   
 

 
But of course with the good come the bad.  Yesterday we saw a full size copperhead snake a few houses down and then David found a tarantula in our yard.  Hoping that's all the fun animals we see for the year.
 
~Greyson's Mom   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment